The Walkfinder-Infared-System was developed to track shoulder-mount or Stedicam cameras. Logically it is also suitable for operation on pedestals and fluid-heads.
Fluid-heads and pedestals, without any sensors can still be used in vitrtual studios. This reduces investments considerably and allows cameramen to stick to the support-equipment available.
Function of the Walkfinder:
- The WF-Cameras are mounted in 3.0 to 5.0m height at the studio-wall or-grid. They are directed to overlook the tracking area.
- Im minimum 3 WF-cameras are needed to ensure accurate tracking and cover a 5m circle or app. 20m²
- 8 WF-cameras are required for 60m² tracking zone.
- 16 WF-cameras of the new generation cover a tracking area of 120m² .
- The targets mounted to the studio-cameras emit IR flashes in 50/60Hz frequency
- The WF-camera-exposure and the IR-flashes are synchronized to the studio-sync
- The WF-cameras register the IR-flashes and transmit the 2D-CCD-chip data to the ethernet-hub.
- The position-electronics connected to the zoom-and focus-encoders transmits synchronic and in same frequency the data to the ethernet-hub.
- The hub is connected to the host-computer or laptop
- In frequency sychronic to the studio-sync the host-computer receives the WF-camera 2D-data and calculates the 6D-position of the studio-cameras.
- All data are refreshed in 50/60HZ with a delay of 23ms
- Position and direction or each studio-camera in X-Y-Z-Pan-Tilt and Roll is defined in 50/60 Hz-Frequency
- Resolution for X-Y-Z-Axes: 0.1mm
- Positioning accuracy for P-T-R: 0.001°
- Delay is 23ms (1 frame equals 40/ 33ms in 50/60Hz)
- Full 3D-360° movements in tracking-area without any restrictions
- Up to 30 days without re-calibration.
important for the day to day operation:
- One time studio-calibration when system is installed. Time-requirement: 5 minutes.
- Studio-camera (CCD-Chip) calibration requires 5 minutes per camera.
- Change of studio-camera including re-calibration ( app. 5 minutes)